Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Continued History

I guess I will continue on with the history of how I got to where I am sitting today. I posted yesterday that I had a pretty crappy childhood. I want to make it clear that I do not think I have had the worst childhood. I know there are millions of kids out there far worse than mine. I also know that a lot of people have probably watched their brother get shot. I don't think a lot of people have seen that while watching your other brother stand there in awe because he was the one holding the gun.

Well I was born in Kingman, AZ and raised there for 11 years until my dad was put in prison and I mom took custody of us and then moved me and my brother to a small town in Oklahoma. From there I grew up like any normal kid. I never got family vacations or the latest and greatest toys or cloths. I got what I needed and I guess that is good enough but I always wanted more. I wanted to be like the kids who got to go to the lake with their boats or to Disneland or Disney World. I never did any of those things and made a promise to myself to try and provide that for my family when I grew up.

So while living in this small town and working on the farm driving a tractor some summers then working for the town as an all around maintenance man during the summers was becoming normal. The one thing I still like to tell people is how I burried the people who died in our town. I would go out to our graveyard and dig the whole and then after the service was over I drove the dump truck and dumped the dirt on them. I get some pretty cool reactions from that story. I played the only two sports offered at my school which were Baseball and Basketball. I also became a state officer in a school organization called Technology Student Association. I enjoyed that as I met a lot of different people and had fun with the girls as well. It was kind of a cool thing that all the girls viewed it as a good thing to be hanging with a state officer and such so I got to make out with quite a few girls that year. After that reign was over I was in my senior year. I chose not to run for a national office as I wanted to just enjoy my senior year. I did just that. I enjoyed everyday of my senior year and wouldn't have changed it for the world. Since we were such a small class and all we raised all the money to take us to Cancun, Mexico for our senior trip. That was a blast and is for another discussion.

That is all for now as I will try to update this daily so if anyone out there is reading this be sure to check back if you want to hear about my life.

No comments: